CFLAA – Mission, Vision, Values, and Strategic Objectives 2013
The Board reviewed its Vision, Mission, Values, and Strategic Priorities in light of the year’s activities and the Board self-appraisal results. The following was decided:
CFLAA Mission: The CFLAA unites former CFL players in support of:
- sport, youth, and health-related and charitable causes;
- former players experiencing financial or medical hardship; and
- promoting football in the community
CFLAA Vision; “The CFLAA fosters a lifelong relationship between the Canadian Football League and its alumni, and provides support to alumni, to football in Canada, and to other communities it serves.”
CFLAA Values; “In carrying out its mission, the CFLAA values community, tradition, support, connection, fellowship, and service.
CFLAA Strategic Priorities 2012-2013:
1. Adopt practices and projects to become a financially viable organization that assists identified alumni and football-related projects.
2. Work with the CFL Alumni Support Fund Board to support priorities that raise the funds and the profiles of both organizations.
3. Participate in research and programs that provide insight into sport-related brain injuries.
4. Provide services and benefits, and a framework for communication of best practices, to, from, and between the CFLAA and club alumni associations.
5. Work with partners to promote the CFL tradition and awareness of football to alumni, youth, fans, and the public.
6. Provide good governance and management for the Association.